Monday, May 2, 2011

True Intentions

We’ve all heard the statements “Planned Parenthood is 90% preventative care”. I beg to differ after working there. The clinicians and staff are great on the days when they can focus primarily on “family Planning” clients, clients who need annual exams and infection checks, and birth controls. However it is never far away from the boss’s mouths that they must increase their abortion counts. How can you be preventative if your goal is to profit from increasing the problem???

I don’t think I worked a single day where I did not hear about the need to increase high end appointments. And code accordingly so that cash clients paid the lowest fee while it seemed extra test just happened to be needed for patients with insurance or Medicaid. I was always hearing that abortions needed to increase, even when we couldn’t fill the open slots we already had for scheduling.

I would love to see Planned Parenthood truly be 90% preventative. I know there is a huge social need for cheap and affordable health care for the young and/or under privileged. However I don’t for one minute believe that prevention is their focus.

I can only hope that you will see through all the testimonies available on the internet from post employees, that they are not being sincere. And if they are not honest about one thing, can you trust them to educate you before you make a life changing decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment